Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ladies, I salute you.

Maira Kalman's blog is one of my favorite parts of the NYT. It's half comic and half diary, and Kalman's observations and ideas are presented in a beautiful, artful way. This latest entry made me tear up a little, and wish I could be more. You may recall my admiration for Ruth B. Ginsburg- a significant portion of this entry is devoted to her. Most poignant is this frame.

Taken from The New York Times, credited to Maira Kalman.
"I return to court to hear Justice Ginsburg speak to law students. And in answer to the question, 'How does it feel to be the only woman on the court?' she answers simply, 'lonely.'"

In other, important news, it's my dad's birthday. Happy day to you, Stephen Raymond Cronk. I love you, and you are the best principal I know.

No comments: